As a “Business Representative Organisation”, a vital area of strategic importance to meet our objectives is achieved through careful planning and discussion. We have a number of standing committees which are the backbone of the Chamber along with the board of directors who meet regularly.
We also meet with the New Ross Municipal District Authority on a quarterly basis. If you have any issues you would like to bring to our attention please use the following link to send us info and we’ll add it to the discussions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SMGB6SR
Retail Enterprise Trade Committee (RETC)
The committee is responsible for directing Economic Development for New Ross Town and area on behalf of the Board of Directors; to increase awareness of New Ross District as a place to do business, shop, live & visit. This is achieved through:
• Retail Initiatives – Shopping Voucher Scheme, Window Competitions, Projects/Activites – such as New Ross in Bloom, New Ross Street Focus, Easter & Summer Activities, Halloween, etc.
District Development Committee
The committee is responsible for monitoring,working and meeting with key stakeholders/organisations on behalf of the Board of Directors of the Chamber in the following areas:
• Infrastructure & Industry – such as New Ross By-Pass, Gas Pipeline, New Ross Greenway, Advance Factories,FDI, Lobbying – rates, traffic, civic engineering and other issues that affect local business.
Marketing & Membership Development Committee
The committee is responsible for directing the marketing and service activities of the New Ross & District Chamber; to increase awareness of New Ross & District Chamber within the district by:
• Developing Initiatives such as the Discount Affinity Scheme, and identifying training needs, Increase Members’ Profile – Business & Community Awards, through the web, social media, business referral and networking opportunities.
Festival & Events Committee
The committee is responsible for directing the activities of the New Ross & District Chamber; to increase awareness of New Ross & District on a local, national & international level. This is achieved through working with key stakeholders/organisations to deliver and increase profile of the following:
• Festival & Events – such as New Ross Nollaig , Irish America Fest, Kennedy Summer School, New Ross Piano Festival, AIMS Choral Festivals
CE Project Committee
This committee is responsible for signing of cheques/authorisation of online banking payments and all other financial training documentation relating to the CE Programme and the maintenance of all financial records and is answerable to the Deaprtment of Social Protection.
- Ensuring the work programme is carried out in compliance with the terms and conditions of the CE Contract of Agreement with the Department of Social Protection.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legal obligations;
For further information on any of the above please contact: 051-425077 or e:email@example.com